Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments

Hi again everybody!

I've slacked off on this blog almost all year but I really want to start getting the ball rolling.  I've finally made the move of actually selling items and it has been working out great.  My last entry has some links  in it for the items I've been trying to sell.  It's also taught me a few things...

HALLMARK KEEPSAKE ORNAMENTS ARE MONEY!





Every year, Hallmark puts out Comic Con Exclusive Christmas ornaments.  They put out the same for both San Diego and New York cons.  These ornaments almost ALWAYS sell for double the price.  Sometimes, you can get really lucky they take off like rockets.  

An incredibly huge one I've seen is the...
This is the 2011 NYCC U.S.S. Defiant from Star Trek Hallmark Keepsake ornament.  This thing averages around $500...FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR A CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT!!  Crazy.  This was of course before everyone got on the ball the last couple of years. 

Now there are so many people looking to flip items it's ridiculous.  I'm a little late to the game.  Hallmark sells a certain amount of ornaments every day of a convention.  This keeps it fair for everyone.  Some booths sell out of all of their stuff on Thursday night before most of the people can even get a crack at it.  Hallmark does it pretty good.  I think the limit is around 100 of each ornament and the past few years they have had 3 exclusives per year.  They sell for $25-$35 a piece.  This year, all 3 ornaments were $35 so i'm guessing they upped their prices.  So as soon as the comic con floor opens, run to that Hallmark booth and get in line.

Last year I picked up these two ornaments...
The Dark Knight Returns Batman one was just too cool, I had to keep that one for me.  The other, is 4-Lom and Zuckuss from Star Wars.  The Batman ornament is selling for around $55 and the Star Wars ornament is selling for around $70-80.

Star Trek and Star Wars items are always hot sellers.  They have die hard fans that like to grab the most obscure collectibles they can.  Star Trek fans specifically as you can see from the U.S.S. Defiant above.


This is the Comic Con Exclusive U.S.S. Kelvin from Star Trek.

I mentioned in my last blog entry that I was going to put it on eBay.  It sold in less than 4 days for a %60 profit!

Also this year, I picked up the Comic Con exclusive Star Wars Rancor ornament.

I sold a combo pack of the 2012 and 2013 Star Wars ornaments for a %58 profit!!

I didn't pick up the Man of Steel exclusive ornament because the movie wasn't very popular among fans.  That ornament is only selling for around $40.  That's always something to think about with collectibles.  The movie might make boat loads of money but if it doesn't connect with fans, the merchandise doesn't sell.

Now it's not always just the Comic Con Exclusives that sell like crazy.  Occasionally, there are those very cool ornaments that people love to get their hands on.  

This one for example...

This is the 2009 Cousin Eddie's RV ornament from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  This is selling for around $300 on eBay and I've never even heard of it.  Surprisingly, there is a very big market for Christmas Vacation collectibles.

Vehicles are pretty good sellers.  Last year they released the Batmobile from the 1966 Batman TV Show.  It played the Batman theme.  I slept on it for a while and sure enough when I made the decision to grab it, it was sold out everywhere.  It's selling for only around $25 but is always selling.  The same goes for the Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters.

So you really can't go wrong with Hallmark Keepsake ornaments.  They retail for around $15 and always sell for at least a few dollars more.  Plus, they're just very cool things to collect.


I still have a few things to sell on eBay.  Check them out HERE
There will be more in due time.

Hit me up on Twitter @TheUNcollected

And take that all the way to the bank, brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment